Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 1

Day 1
For the last two weeks or so we have eased our way into using only candle light. We have fooled around with different lantern deigns and candles, and figured out how many we need and so on. Today marks the official beginning of The Candle Light Project-one month without the use of any electrical light.

Perhaps one of the most noticeable and immediate changes has been how much easier it is for Lindz to hide in various parts of the house and scare me. It is safe to say that scaring me on a regular basis is one of her favorite past times, the candles are making it ten times easier for her! So im a bit on edge haha.  

So far we have noticed that, since the sun went down, we have felt very relaxed. The natural light is easy on the eyes. Having less light in the house is forcing us to keep the house more clean and organized than usual-it is important we know where everything is, allowing us to have less injuries.

We are very excited to see how this goes and how much money we save on our next few power bills.  Our electric bill is generally between 35 and 40 bucks. Within the first two weeks of experimenting with different candle and lantern designs, we got our bill down to 16!! We can’t wait to see what a whole month of straight candlelight will do! 
                                                       Here is what were working with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment